Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday Photo Meme - Shopping Malls that I Frequent to

Hi Guys, its time for photo meme again.

This time, I'm gonna talk about shopping malls and the restaurant that I've eaten at. Ranging from the least frequent to the most frequent malls

(Photos for the malls are from google images, yahoo news and their official web pages respectively)

1. ION

It's like a mini Orchard road situated in Orchard road itself. You can find all the high end fashion brands in this mall.

Restaurant I've tried here:
- Paradise Dynasty
- Meatworks: Serves good beef the first time I'm there, drop of standard during my second visit =(
- Balaclava: There's a live band here. Not sure about their schedule thou.

2. Vivocity
Ranked the top mall to lounge in SG and L3 has this water feature that spans four Olympic-size swimming pools for the kids to wade in (quoted from yahoo.com.sg)

Restaurant I've tried here:
- Kim Gary: Serves HK teahouse style food
- Brotzeit: Famous for their german beer and pork knuckles (though their standards have dropped). Must try their onion soup. Just too delicious to try unless you don't like onions and cheese.
and Sentosa is just a stone's throw away
- Fig & Olive Cafe (Western food): Do not attempt to try it. Food are so-so, unless you wanna pay restaurant price for hawker food
- Marche: Looks like normal food court but serves european food, each person receives a card which acts like your order registration list. Upon ordering, the staff from respective stations will scan per your order. Pay upon leaving the restaurant. Penalty for loss of card around S$100-200 (not very sure about this)
- Swenson's: This is available in almost all malls in SG.
- The Queen & Mangosteen: Similarly to Brotzeit, but it's a British gourmet pub.

3. Marina Square
I've visit this mall when I was very young, and I only remember this in recent years. There used to be supermarkets here, but closed probably due to low customer traffic.

Apparently shops at level 3 are all/mostly closed due to the lack of customers too.

Restaurant I've tried here:
- Xin Wang
- Kenny Rogers
- Mr Curry (Center Stage)
- Killiney Cafe: Good kopitiam style coffee, best meesiam I've tried
- MOF: Japanese food.
- The Cafe Cartel


(PS: I've work there for almost 2 years!)

4. Jurong Point
Same as Marina Square, been here since I was very young. I've seen it from just a tiny mall with cinema, until now, it has become a huge mall with 2 wings and a condo above it.

Restaurant I've tried here:
- Billy Bombers
- Crystal Jade
- Pu Tien
- Swenson's
- New York New York
- Dian Xiao Er
- Soup Restaurant: Must try their Samshui Chicken.

5. IMM

I've been here ever since I can remember. From a humble mall that only sells furniture, to now, with plenty of restaurants and hypermarket, and my favourite Daiso (Largest outlet in SG).

Free carpark for 1st 3 hours too!

Restaurant I've tried here:
- Swenson's
- Crystal Jade
- Ajisen
- Balithai
- The Cafe Cartel
- Pepper Lunch

 
5. West Mall (Tie with IMM)

This is like a 5 min walk from my home and I visit this mall so frequently during my schooling days.

Restaurant I've tried here:
- Swenson's
- Mayim Chinese Cuisine
- Sakae Sushi

Friday Photo Meme - Shopping Malls that I Frequent to
1. ION
2. Vivocity
3. Marina Square
4. Jurong Point
5. IMM
5. West Mall (Tie with IMM)

Hope these helps if you guys are wondering where to eat at the next time =)
Recap of the list to save everyone the hassel to scroll up and down the pages:

No comments:

Post a Comment